Specifically for the Resources/ Stock Images sub category of the resources tree, DeviantArt has provided guidelines for submissions relating to size, quality and usefulness as explained in our favorite FAQ 809 -
FAQ #809: What are deviantART's stock image guidelines?
Images submitted to the Stock Gallery should be larger than 1000px on the smallest size - to promote good quality submissions and a basic standard across all types of stock image.
The Stock Gallery is split into many sub sub categories, not only to create a logical submission process, but also to aid artists searching for stock images.
Model stock photography contains 4 main areas, which are further broken down into full body, portrait, anatomy and nude in the adult sections.
It is worth noting at this point that all model stock photography should not contain sexually explicit poses as per DeviantArts submission policy and the following FAQ information -
FAQ #220: What is Mature Content?
FAQ #565: You prohibit the submission of 'pornographic imagery'; what do you consider this to be?
FAQ #23: What are deviantART's policies on nudity?
Similarly child stock photography should also be governed by the following guidelines -
FAQ #248: Are there restrictions on art using children or teenagers (fictional or otherwise)?
Further, "celebrity images" or "anime renders" are NOT acceptable as stock photography - please DO NOT submit them to any stock or resources gallery, even as a "preview".
Female - female children under the age of 16
Male - male children under the age of 16
Groups - groups of children under the age of 16
Anatomy - adult female anatomy such as hands feet and eyes (no genitalia shots please!!)
Full Body - adult female models which should contain the entire model with no extremities cropped off the edge of the photo
Nude - nude female photography for pose and anatomy references and should be marked as mature content
Portrait - adult female portrait or 3/4 cropped where the face is visible
Couples - 2 adult models in the image
Full Body -2 or more adult models in the shot where there are no extremities cropped off the edges of the image
Portrait - portrait or 3/4 cropped images of 2 or more adult models in the shot
Anatomy - adult male anatomy such as hands feet and eyes (no genitalia shots please!!)
Full Body - adult male models which should contain the entire model with no extremities cropped off the edge of the photo
Nude - nude male photography for pose and anatomy references and should be marked as mature content
Portrait - adult male portrait or 3/4 cropped where the face is visible
Photographs submitted to the Nature section should have little or no signs of human habitation or urbanization except in the case of "man made" fire images
- Fire - photographic images of fires or close up photographic images of flames etc
- Landscapes - Photographic stock images of landscapes. Typically mountains, fields, forests, and more
- Other - Photographic stock images of nature that do not fit in the other categories.
- Skies & Space - Photographic stock images of skies, including clouds, stars and planets.
- Waterscapes - Photographic stock images of naturally occurring bodies of water. Typically oceans, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and more
Photographic images of every-day or unusual objects
- Household Items -Photographic stock images of objects like clocks, rugs, brooms, lamps, picture frames, appliances, books and more
- Jewelry - Photographic stock images of objects like rings, necklaces, earrings, hair ornaments, masks, and more
- Other - Photographic stock images of objects that don't fit the other object sub-categories
- Statues & Monuments - Photographic stock images of objects like statues, monuments, fountains, gravestones, wall reliefs, trophies, flags, figurines, and more
- Technical - Photographic stock images of objects like electronics, robotics, machinery, medical equipment, scientific equipment, musical instruments and more
- Transportation - Photographic stock images of objects like trains, ships, planes, jets, boats, cars, hot air balloons, trucks, helicopters, bicycles, and more
- Wardrobe - Photographic stock images of objects like hair/wigs, dresses, shoes, boots, mittens, hats, and more
- Weapons - Photographic stock images of objects like swords, guns, staffs, cannons, grenades, bombs, bows, arrows, axes, and more
Photographic stock images of buildings or other urban infrastructure both external and internal. Please note computer generated or 3D rendered "places" stock have other submission locations such as 3D & Renders or Premade backgrounds and should not be posted to the main "Stock/Places" sub category
- Exterior -Photographic stock images of outdoor places including buildings/architecture, developed gardens, cemeteries, streets, and other urbanised places that are outside.
- Interior - Photographic stock images of indoor places including rooms, corridors, tunnels, stairs, and other places that are inside any architectural structure.
Photographic stock images of living plants, flowers, floral arrangements, cut or dried flowers and trees.
- Premade Backgrounds -
Computer generated or photomanipulated stock backgrounds. Premade backgrounds should ONLY be created with legitimate stock images that you either have permission to use or were photographed by yourself.
It is important to note that many "pro" stock collections such as SXC and Getty et al DO NOT allow their stock photography to be used in derivative works or redistributed.
Just as with any photomanipulation, Please make sure you ALWAYS credit your stock - even if its your own to avoid any potential confusion!
- Exterior - Computer generated or photomanipulated stock backgrounds that feature urbanized exteriors of buildings
- Interior - Computer generated or photo-manipulated stock backgrounds that feature the interior of a room.
- Nature - Computer generated or photomanipulated stock backgrounds of nature. Typically landscapes, waterscapes, skies, and other such scenery.
- Other - Computer generated or photomanipulated stock backgrounds that do not fit within the other premade categories.
Don't miss out on the Miscat Superhero Contest here - fav.me/d7rd73l